Thursday, December 27, 2007

All I want for Christmas is You!

So, Mark is tired of hearing that song. Well, we had a great Christmas break, but a quick one. Mark is back to work and so am I! Although, my days are much shorter as I've deemed it my holiday break. We had a wonderful time in Fort Smith with my family. Jack came along--he was actually pretty good. I told someone before we left that all I was worried about was him marking things and getting into my mom's really fancy Nativity set. Within the first 30 seconds we let him in the door he made a run for baby Jesus and after that, lifted his leg to mark this fancy little tuffet thing my mom has. We laughed and laughed, but only because he didn't do any damage. Christmas Eve morning we got up and opened presents with my parents, and that afternoon we drove to Carthage. It was WILD! We have lots of little boys in my family who are all at the wrestling with anything stage. Besides that, the "big boys" (aka adults) started a wrapping-paper-wad war that no one could avoid. Needless to say, it was a fun day. We went that night to the Dyer's side which is always fun, but much much more calm. The only little one we have there is Madisyn who is the best behaved 5 year old you'll ever meet. We got my little cousin Caleb a Buzz Lightyear costume, and he LOVED it more than I've ever seen anyone love a gift. I mean, what 3 year old doesn't want to be Buzz? There are pics below. In our gag gift exchange, my grandpa ended up with the funniest gift and dressed as a purple fairy. My grandma took the mumu we brought and kept it because she loved it, not because it was a gag gift.

We still haven't had our Christmas with the Bailey's yet. Mark's grandma Ruby is in the hospital so the family focus has been on her this week. Please say your prayers for Mamaw's health and her recovery from surgery. She had her gall bladder taken out, and is now in ICU trying to manage some fluid around her heart. Hopefully we'll make it down to Clarksville to see her sometime this week. We're looking forward to our friends Drake and Kelly's wedding this weekend and of course New Year's!

No comments: